20 Mayıs 2012 Pazar

Assignment No.4 (Reflection on Blogging)

Greetings,

The purpose of this assignment is all about writing my feedback about using a blog in EFL 126 course (Advanced Reading and Writing) and what & how blogging improves my learning. Though I am not very used to use blogging to improve my linguistic skills, I found it very useful and can monitor my improvement after I have used it so far. In this assignment, I shall reveal my feedback by answering some questions which are formed by Mr. Neufeld (The instructor of the course EFL 126) to create a good feedback.

- "What did I learn from the blogging tasks? How has this experience contributed to my own understanding of myself, my peers and the course content? "

I think blogging is one of best way of improving our skills and broadening our knowledge. To learn something comprehensively, we need to research a lot and keep our researches in somewhere safe to use them whenever we need them again. Nevertheless, blogging is a good example of keeping our works in safe where we can easily access whenever we want. I totally appreciate that we have used blogging in EFL 126 course. I appreciate becase I have learned how I publish my works and share wisdom among my peers. Sharing wisdom and works has doubled my current knowledge and actually has improved my linguistic skills as well. Moreover, by having a blog on my own, I can always check the course content at any time and see what was and is in our course content. It is very useful to have a blog to improve oneself.



- " What exactly did I get out of this? Have I questioned or changed my thinking as a result of this activity? "

Having a blog on my own has improved my thinking and has granted me a new perspective. I can now monitor my works and receive help from other blogs whenever I am in need of. Thanks to blog, I can now make a systematic progress which is more professional and beneficial. It also changed my point of view of learning and made me do less mistake.


-  “ How does this relate to my own learning in the context the EFL126 course? “


      In the EFL 126 context, we are supposed to improve our reading and writing into advanced position. Creating a blog and using it in this course is a good approach on teaching this course to its students. It is not only relevant but also logical to use. By containing a huge amount of knowledge on blogs, students can improve their skills via their blogs without the help of their teacher/instructor. We have been given lots of quizzes and some research tasks in this course which we were asked to publish most of our homework on our blogs. I think that publishing our works on our blogs gave us the advantage of monitoring our progress and correcting our mistakes which are related to this course and actually have strengthened our writing skill.

-  “ Have I been able to draw connections from past experiences, other METU NCC courses, or personal goals.”
           
So far, I have learned many things from EFL 126 with the help of my instructor Mr. Neufeld. I have learned lots of new academic words in means of improving my vocabulary. Moreover, I have learned new useful internet sites to improve my grammar and to make a good summary of written works. Yet there are lots of things to learn if we want to say that we are educated.  However, I am a first year student in METU NCC and have 3 more years to compare what is and was what.

- “ What could I do next time to make this experience better? ”

I think that paying more attention on classroom hours will be better. To me, attendance and participation are the two major things in classroom hours and students learn better with their instructor, it doesn’t matter how many times they deny it, in class. In addition, students solve more examples and can make a group work in class. To sum up, students are better with their teacher/instructor and class.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder